Title: Independent Carpenter
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Summary: The Independent Carpenter is responsible for finishing carpentry work in professional and timely manner. The Independent Carpenter will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated projects and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity and passion skills are essential for this role.
- Conduct work in a professional and timely manner.
- Perform professional presentations of company product(s)/service(s) while on-site.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits as needed.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Actively manage work schedule to adequately cover assigned projects in a time-efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate records, including expense reimbursement forms, invoices, work orders, and other documentation.
- Provide timely and professional responses to potential clients.
- 20 years of direct work experience.
- Professional demeanour and appearance.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of carpentry methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with good/fair driving record.
- Must own necessary tools.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Manual dexterity required to use tools specific to work to be completed.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime as required.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.